Here we are, attempting yet another Pinterest hairstyle...now the real question...will it be a legendary Pinterest Fail, or actual useful tutorial? Let's find out!
I found the idea for this French Braid Faux Hawk style while browsing (where else) Pinterest, and thought it should be easy enough to attempt after reading through the directions. I've simplified the steps into bullet form, because lists are my friend.
- Start with hair (any hair could do, but your hair may be best...)
- Separate the front portion and create a pomp, pinning it in place
- Start an inside out french braid (this means you add the hair from beneath instead of from on top) directly behind the pomp
- Continue this all the way down
- Finish by tugging sections out to create a fuller, mohawk look
Okay, so while it wasn't a "Fail" per-say... it doesn't look like either of the original images I was following. I think it may be that my hair is incredibly straight, so unless I do something to add a bit of volume or texture, it doesn't get the same messy "Faux Hawk" look (just a slightly-undone-braid-look).
I really like the idea though, and it didn't turn out terribly, just not how originally planned (like most things in life).
Maybe next time my hair has texture from a previous styling session, I'll attempt this tutorial again.
No matter the case, I think that you should try it for yourself (and let me know if it works so I can secretly envy your hair)! What do you think?
Do you like the sleek braid, or would you prefer I try again with a more textured look?