Every woman knows the beauty of the Little Black Dress. Simple but elegant, it is considered a must have for a woman's wardrobe. Keeping that in mind, because it is Valentines Day this week, I know that quite a few ladies will want to get dolled up.
So whether you have plans to go out, stay in, or just spend time with some friends or rockin' it solo style, there is nothing stopping you from having a little fun and playing dress up!
What I love about my LBD is that its a basic piece- very simple, very comfortable, and easily transformable. I ended up hemming it about 6 inches after I received it (I have short legs, so unless a dress is supposed to be floor length, I personally go for knee length or higher) so I could do eve more with it. I'd also like to add that if you have some safety pins (or broaches for a little extra pizzazz), you'll be amazed by what you can do to create different looks on the same dress.
Without further ado, here are some ideas to add style to your Little Black Dress this Valentines Day:
- Classic Inspiration
- Think a tribute of sorts to Hepburn and the 50's
- Add a vintage pillbox hat or a cape if you're feeling particularly fancy
- Modern Beauty
- 1 safety pin makes for a unique shape without losing its elegance
- I think that with such an interesting shape happening in the dress, wearing some statement earrings and no necklace as to not take away from the neckline make for a bold but simple look
- Casual Chic
- A good look for a relaxed movie and coffee date followed by a stroll through the park (after you add a sweater, and maybe a coat or two for a stroll in New England)
- Wear some fun printed leggings for a splash of color and warmth
- Or, if all else fails, combine looks!
- Just remember, no matter the look you decided on, have fun with it and enjoy yourself!
I'm actually taking the entire weekend to celebrate and relax since Valentines Day is Friday, its a holiday on Monday, and my anniversary is during the week as well.
Now I don't have to worry about what to wear after coming up with this post-I'll just have to decide on which style I'm in the mood for!
What is your favorite Little Black Dress look?