Last week I went and had my hair done by the fabulous Tanya of Tanya Amalfitano Hair and Makeup! She fixed my hair for me at the beginning of this year after I made quite the blunder when doing it myself. It looked phenomenal after.
So this time, rather than wait to make a mistake myself, I decided to treat myself and get a new look. Inspired by how my hair was already fading from being outside this summer, Tanya created a red ombré with a bit more contrast. We went for a deep purple/red for the roots, and bright orange/blonde for the tips. I'm beyond excited to have a new look, and something I've never tried before!
I've tried quite a few hues when it comes to my hair over the past few years. In more recent years I've leaned towards reds, but before that I went back and forth between some other colors- just see for yourself!
- Pre coloring, this was my natural hair color - I had just cut 10 inches off in this photo
- Pink hair! ...well more like highlights...
- Faded pink and chopped off even more hair!
- Covered the pink faded color with solid black for my Freshman year of college
- By mid 2008 I was bored and tried bleaching parts so I could do black with red highlights...and ended up just leaving it bleached because it looked like a sunset (also, I was lazy...)
- Decided to try the black with red highlights again-actually made it past the bleaching process this time...
- The red faded to pink in a month (cheap dye does not last...), so once again, I covered it over with solid black
- Finally gave my hair a break and let it grow out with its natural color
- Got bored and chopped it off again (but kept it my natural color)
- My first photo shoot ever with Mary Roberts! Still sporting the natural hair color
- By the end of 2011 I was ready for something new- the start of various shades of red!
- Went with a copper-red for all of 2012
- Beginning-mid 2013 was a darker, almost burgundy red
- By the end of 2013...I don't know what happened. I really messed up and tried to fix it the next day, only to make the same mistake, leaving me with a horizontal section of undyed hair right in the middle of it...
- Tanya fixed what I had done to my hair in the beginning of 2014! Yay violet red!
- By mid year, it faded into a nice copper color, but I felt like amping it up and decided to try an ombré style! Once again, the lovely Tanya Amalfitano made it look fantastic.
- During the process, she dyed my hair a solid dark red to create an ombré from- it was so strange to see myself with dark hair after being a red-head for so many years now...
Doing this ombré is kind of a trial run for me. I've never been (intentionally) blonde before, and want to try at some point (if it doesn't look terrible), so even having just the ends blonde, I can get a general idea about how it may look.
What do you guys think? Is blonde a good look for me? Or do you think the next hair color I do should be something totally new? Let me know in the comments!
Don't forget to submit a blog post idea/photo shoot concept via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to be entered into the contest to win a prize this month! Only a few days left, and I've had some great suggestions so far! A random winner will be chosen and announced on September 3rd- contest ends August 31st!
A hint about the prize - there are at least 12 images in this prize... (how's that for a hint?! Confused yet, or do you know exactly what it is?)