Here we are again with another tutorial attempt!
This time, I was going for the "bangs" look, without having to commit to chopping off large quantities of my hair (well, not just yet at least...).
I found a tutorial on Pinterest over the weekend (where most tutorials are found these days...), and followed along for about two steps...until I had no idea what she was doing anymore, and I decided to wing it.
Here are the steps I did to create my "Faux Bangs":
2) Split ponytail in half, bringing top half foward
1) Put hair in high ponytail
4) Use curling iron or flat iron to angle bangs how you want them (straight down or curled under)
3) Pin ends of hair to top of head (close to ponytail), positioning "bangs" at length you want them to sit
5) Twist and pin rest of hair from ponytail into a bun
6) *Optional- had a headband to help hide bobby pins and mistakes
7) Show off to friends...or take it down immediately if it didn't turn out like you hoped...
After realizing how much work was going into this, and that it didn't look how I wanted, I did my own "3 Simple Steps To Fake Bangs" look:
1) Pull front section of hair back into ponytail (Look like Legolas -minus the ears, porcelain skin, and platinum blonde locks)
2) Take section of hair that you just pulled back, and flip over head
3) Put on hat
Ta-da! Now you look like someone gave you a really bad haircut...I mean...Hey look! Bangs!!...
All in all, I did actually accomplish the main goal (unlike the last hair tutorial I utterly failed at) of achieving fake bangs using the tutorial, but I wasn't impressed with how they came out.
It was a good experience though, because I'm sure with practice, they'll look better, but mainly, it helped me realize that I needed both a trim, and probably a new hair color for it to look more consistent. The faded (and uneven) ends of my hair (along with my painfully obvious roots) weren't going to fool anyone into thinking I got bangs.
Maybe someday I'll try this again and it will actually look somewhat realistic...or I could continue having pinterest fails...we'll see!
Don't forget to submit a blog post idea/photo shoot concept via email at email@example.com if you'd like to be entered into the contest to win a prize this month! I've had some great suggestions so far! A random winner will be chosen and announced on September 3rd- contest ends August 31st!
A hint about the prize - there are at least 12 images in this prize... (how's is that for a hint?! Confused yet or do you know exactly what it is?)