You may remember a post I did about summer nail art at the end of summer this year (and by end of summer I mean like, 3 or 4 days before the "end of summer"...last week). I noticed while trying out different nail art for that post that I really enjoyed trying new styles...and that I'm not so great at painting my nails. Thus, it was apparent to me that I needed to practice in order to get better and be able to try out all of the fun ideas others had come up with and share my favorites with all of you (It had nothing to do with not wanting to look like a 5 year old did my nails for me...)!!!
Here are a few fun Fall Nail ideas:
- Brown and Gold: These colors work nicely together for both tips and geometric shapes. I smudged my nail during the tip process, so I didn't upload that one, but the shape one came out decent
- Dot Gradient: Ranging from red, to red-orange, to pink- I wanted to fade it to yellow, but my mixing skills didn't go so well and I ended up with more of a "red scale gradient" instead of the fall colors I was going for
- Red with accent: I saw someone do a 4 dot accent at just the base of their nails and thought it looked gorgeous-I like the variation since most of the time people focus on the tips of the nail, and I've never tried a design at just the base
- Candy Corn Gradient: I tried two ways of doing this-one was with red, yellow, and white eyeshadow that I applied directly on my nail and put a clear top coat over for some shine. Very faint and subtle look, but immediately recognized the candy corn color scheme. The other one was a gold polish at the base, a mix of the gold polish and yellow eyeshadow, and lastly, white polish on the tip. I may need to go ahead and just invest in some yellow nail polish to make life easier-but I really liked how this one came out too, though it wasn't as blatantly obvious I was going for candy corn colors
- Scarecrow Inspired: This looked awesome when it was completed. Super simple to make too. I just did a white base with a gold tip (the inspiration I got it from used orange), outline it with a black fine point sharpie, and added some vertical stripes for stitching
Like I said, I'm still learning how to paint my nails without smudging them (obviously haven't learned much since I smudged one of these so badly I couldn't even share the image). But that's what practice is for!
Which is your favorite look? Is there a color scheme you like to wear most in the Fall?
Let me know in the comments!