This entire year has passed in the blink of an eye. I feel like so much has happened too - between my personal life, running my blog/modeling concepts, and now venturing into the photography side of creativity, it has been filled with excitement.
I had the chance to model and work with some old friends (Adam Avid Photography, Loredana Sun, Tanya Amalfitano, Wicked Mojo Photography, Dan Minicucci Photography, Gypsysaint Cosplay) and make new friends during collaborations (Focusure Studios, J*Lee Photography, Zachary Stone Photography, daggerSLADE Model Images, Carly Fleming, Brian Hanke, Alena Renay).
Some of the amazing events that I was able to take part in were only able to happen because of some truly wonderful people:
- The supreme court legalized same-sex marriage Nationwide - I cried, and I celebrated in the only way I know how - by dedicating a photoshoot to the event with the help of Adam Avid Photography, and the sweet Carly Fleming, who had never modeled before, but was so much fun to work with, and helped bring my concept to life.
- I had the chance to try some vintage styled beach fashion with the help of Tanya Amalfitano and daggerSLADE Model Images
- I had work from my first photoshoot with Zachary Stone Photography featured on Dark Beauty Mag (and a mock up book cover from our second shoot)
- I met the beautiful Alena Renay as we played with the concept of androgyny during our shoot with Dan Minicucci Photography
- Brian Hanke contacted me to collaborate on a short film for his composition "Aria For Strings"
- The Month of Masquerades took over my life for an entire month, but it was COMPLETELY worth it after all of the amazing feedback I received and ideas I was able to share (it would have been impossible without Sam's help to photograph most of these, so a HUGE shoutout to her for the entirety of October)
- Speaking of costumes, I went to my first cosplay convention as a gender-swapped Pokemon character and had a BLAST seeing all of the creative work by other participants thanks to Gypsysaint Cosplay's invitation to join his group
- I played photographer for a model that wasn't myself, and collaborated on some darker themes with Anerael as my muse before the foliage disappeared
- I returned a favor (Gypsysaint Cosplay's invitation to go to the anime convention with his group) by photographing one of his costumes - Booker Dewitt of Bioshock Infinity
- A collaboration myself and Dan Minicucci Photography worked on was featured in Ultima Moda Magazine
- And last but not least, my dear friend Clint Fleming gave me an incredible amount of support and feedback for all my crazy ideas. I'm happy to announce that he won my December post challenge, and will be receiving his prize in the new year!
The last few months have been a bit strained due to some things in my personal life, and I fear that strain trickles into my creative world because of it. While I loved all the work I created for my blog this past year, going into this next year, with plenty of new goals to challenge myself with (because you should never stop challenging yourself), I'm learning not to overdo it.
This year taught me it's not about the quantity, but quality, of what you do, no matter what it is. Even if I don't end up having the plethora of blog posts or photoshoot in 2016 as I had in 2015, my hope is that every post is just as important to me as each event I've shared in this revisit...
...of course, you'll have to wait until the New Year to hear the goals and challenges I'm setting for myself for 2016!
Thank you everyone who I had the chance to work with, get to know better, or learn more about over the course of 2015 - you have all made an impact of my life, and I'm thankful this crazy outlet is the reason I'm able to have those chances.
Cheers friends, and may 2016 be even better!