There are things I love about every season, and though it's not my favorite (Sorry spring-loving friends), there is something about Spring that stands out (and not just because most people's allergies start flowing).
Maybe it's the progression of Sunny days actually starting to feel warm again, or watching the gray world fade away as color finds its way back. Maybe it's the change in sounds and smells, streams start running again, birds begin to sing louder, and flowers are in bloom.
The world seems lighter, and things seem possible.
Because of all these newly remembered possibilities, I thought I'd share my list of Spring inspired favorites (because...you know...lists...).
- Going for walks without needing to wear snow boots, a winter jacket, gloves, a scarf, a hat, and a layer of clothes under your clothes.
- Wearing dresses (without fear of freezing your legs off) with all of the shoes!
- Listening to solo-danecable, chill music (you know...Kinda soft and comforting sounding, but still upbeat?).
- Waking up to birds singing, and a morning crispness in the air instead of soul crushing frigid winds.
- The smells of earth, flowers, and pretty much anything else you have the ability to smell now that your nose isn't just full of snot-cicles (lovely visual, yes?).
- Making more varied and experimental meals because you have the drive to create things instead of staying curled up under a blanket and submitting to eating soup for the rest of the week after making an ocean-load (because a boat-load isn't a liquid measurement) of it one night.
- Reading outside under a natural lamp (aka: the sun).
- Going to places you've never been before (now that you're not worried about 3 ft blizzards disrupting your travels).
- Painting your nails - since you can actually see your hands when you don't need to wear gloves.
- Trying new things! Be it a craft, a recipe, picking up an instrument, trying out an activity, learning a classic dance, visiting with friends, or seeing sites new to you...
All of this seems possible with the hope that Spring can bring...and while the season shouldn't stop you, sometimes we get a little more excited when there's change in the air.
So heres to change, inspiration, motivation, and to sunny Spring days (which is the opposite of what's happening outside my window right now, but hey, I can dream...)!