No one can make you feel inferior without your consentEleanor Roosevelt
Our next post in the decade series is the 1930s, one of the most glamorous looks I was able to work on during this project!
The Golden Age of Hollywood
- Popular music of the era: Jazz (known now as Big Band)
- Dances of the era: The Rumba
- Films of the era: The 39 Steps, Wizard of Oz, Snow White
- Books of the era: The Grapes of Wrath, Gone with the Wind, The Hobbit
- History of the era: The Great Depression, Radio becomes main source of entertainment, World War II Begins
This photoshoot took inspiration from the glamorous actresses of the Golden Age of Hollywood, such as Joan Crawford and Katharine Hepburn with their long wavy hair and elegant evening gowns. Speaking of gowns, I found this retro style gown on Amazon. I was also able to use vintage gloves that belonged to my great grandmother for some additional glamour.
To better match the makeup of the era, I had to change the outline of my lips for a more rounded style seen in the 1930s. This rounded look greatly contrasts my naturally pointed cupid’s bow and took quite a bit of practice to get right!
I hope you enjoyed my depiction of the Golden Age of Hollywood, the 1930s! Stay tuned for the next post in this series, “1940s: The War Years”