I want my MTV!
Welcome to the 80s! This era would be hard to miss with its vibrant colors, wild patterns, and big hair sported by men and women alike! It was also the introduction to MTV, a streamlined platform to access popular music of the era.
The Greed Decade
- Popular music of the era: Dance Music, Rock
- Dances of the era: The Moonwalk, Running Man, Breakdancing
- Films of the era: The Breakfast Club, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Books of the era: Matilda, Pet Cemetery, The Color Purple
- History of the era: Pac-Man released, Michael Jackson releases “Thriller”, Berlin Wall falls, AIDS recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
I have to admit, this was a challenging outfit for me. Not to create, but to choose! There were so many bold styles during the 80s, it was difficult to narrow my look down. I opted for something I could see myself wearing if I was the same age I am now back in the 80s. Fashion forward with the thin strap floral overalls and matching sleeveless top. Because if it wasn’t a contrasting color scheme, it better be a matching set!
Once again, my hair didn’t feel like embracing the style of the 80s. The bigger I tried to go, the flatter it fell! So I utilized a short shaggy wig (think Jamie Lee Curtis, 1980s) and added a headband, because accessories!
This was probably one of my favorite makeup looks to explore. The neon pink makeup was a blast to create!
I hope you enjoyed my depiction of style during “The 1980s, The Greed Decade”. Stay tuned for the next post in this series, The 1990s: The “Good Decade”!