Girl Power!The Spice Girls
Growing up as a 90’s kid myself, this was a blast to recreate! The inspiration for the outfit in this decade was watching my two older cousins and admiring their style as I grew up.
The Good Decade
- Popular music of the era: Contemporary R&B, Rap
- Dances of the era: Vogue, Macarena, Electric Slide
- Films of the era: Titanic, Clueless, The Big Lebowski
- Books of the era: Fight Club, Harry Potter, American Psycho
- History of the era: Hubble Space Telescope placed in space, Search engine “google” created, most popular show of the 90s, Seinfeld, airs
As I mentioned, the inspiration for this outfit came from watching my cousins as we grew up. They always had the best outfits! I also took some inspiration from classic movies like 10 Things I Hate About You, and Clueless. Nothing says 90’s style like a layered spaghetti strap dress over a t-shirt and a daisy tattoo choker necklace!
Makeup from the 90s was very simple to recreate – thin eyebrows, neutral shadows and lips, and some light mascara. And the hair was another fun element with some Baby Spice inspired buns!
I hope you enjoyed my depiction of style during “The 1990s, The Good Decade”.
Stay tuned for the next post in this series, The 2000s: “The Aughts!”