That is So Fetch!Mean Girls
We’ve finally made it to the turn of the century! Y2K, highlighted hair, and Hip-Hop fashion were just some of the trends in the early 2000’s!
- Popular music of the era: Hip-hop, Post-grunge, Pop-punk, Metalcore
- Dances of the era: Cha-Cha-Slide, 1, 2 Step, Crank That
- Films of the era: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Finding Nemo, Lord of the Rings, Mean Girls
- Books of the era: The Da Vinci Code, American Gods, The Time Traveler’s Wife, The Hunger Games
- History of the era: 9/11, Youtube launched, increase in use of MP3 players
My outfit for this look took inspiration from popular music of the early 2000’s and some of the more popular fashion trends of the time: bandanas, flashy accessories, and vibrant hair! Also extremely popular, were the low-cut jeans and “whale tail”, but I opted not to picture that fashion style here.
Makeup from the 2000s focused on pastel eye shadow, lip gloss, and thin brows. You can start to see some returning trends from previous decades with this look. Especially the pastels from the 70’s!
I hope you enjoyed my depiction of style during “The 2000’s, The Aughts”.
Stay tuned for the next post in this series, the most difficult to find a title for and last of this series, The 2010s: “The Tweens”!