“I’m safely on the surface of Mars. GALE CRATER I AM IN YOU!!! #MSL”Mars Curiosity rover via Twitter after landing on the Red Planet
The decade of 2010-2019 fashion is one that is known for it’s introduction of athleisure wear, unisex styles, and elements influenced by early 90s grunge and skater fashion. In the later 2010’s, more minimalistic styles became popular with the ever growing popularity of living a more minimalist lifestyle.
The Tw-eens (Twenty-teens)
- Popular music of the era: Hip-hop, Rap
- Dances of the era: Harlem Shake, Gangnam Style, Dab
- Films of the era: Black Swan, Frozen, Wonder Woman
- Books of the era: The Fault in Our Stars, Gone Girl, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- History of the era: Apple debuts the iPad, Queen Elizabeth II longest reigning monarch in British history, Total Solar Eclipse in the US, The “Selfie” becomes a common photo style with introduction of front-facing camera on iPhone 4
One of the easiest outfits to create, I pulled this entire look out of my own closet! I’ve personally found over the past few years that when creating looks for day to day life, I prefer a more minimal style. Neutral tones and comfortable fabrics like cotton and merino wool are my preferred items of choice. I also found the complement of a blue chambray top with black jeans creates a sophisticated but simple outfit.
Makeup in the 2010s introduced the idea of contouring to daily makeup routines. Other popular styles during these years were matte lips, stenciled brows, and ombre hair. And I will admit that I have tried all of these styles myself at one time or another! My personal favorite of these looks is the matte lips. Although sometimes I really miss my ombre sunset inspired hair!
I hope you enjoyed my depiction of style during “The 2010’s, The Tw-eens” as well as my other decade posts!
Cheers to the past 100 years of style, and see you all in 2020!